The path to Financial Success and Peace of Mind starts here.
At Exeter Trust, we feel that estate planning is an integral but often overlooked part of any successful investment strategy. Each of our clients receives ongoing and comprehensive estate and strategic planning advice. On a regular basis, we review each client's estate plan to ensure it reflects current wishes and objectives. We review or draft documents including (but not limited to) revocable trusts, medical directives, and powers of attorney. We also review or draft the titling of assets including real estate holdings and other property. Furthermore, we examine beneficiary designations in connection with trusts, life insurance policies, and retirement plans.
Estate and strategic planning will often include:
- Establishing educational trusts for children and grandchildren;
- Creating family entities, such as limited partnerships or limited liability companies, to facilitate the transfer of assets;
- Placing life insurance policies inside irrevocable life insurance trusts;
- Developing plans for long-term care of family members with special needs;
- Evaluating the possible benefits of establishing foundations or other charitable vehicles;
- Assisting in succession planning for family businesses.
Probate can be unnecessarily expensive and time consuming for relatives, at a time which is already emotional. At Exeter Trust, our goal is to avoid probate for every client.